Sunday 23 February 2014

Meet the artists - Alan Dilly

Alan Dilly

I am lucky that 99% of my working life has also been my passion, the ARTS, both as a practitioner and teacher.
Having studied art at Colleges in Essex and Exeter, I went on to teach art in schools in Buckinghamshire for thirty years as well as continue my own work in a variety of media.

I have never settled on one medium but have enjoyed exploring my ideas through any media that was appropriate to the theme. 
I have been fortunate in working with some excellent artists along the way who have introduced me to new skills necessary to fulfil my ambitions. 
As you will see my portfolio includes Painting, Sculpture in most materials, Textiles, Glass, Printmaking and Photography.

www.alandillyarts.blogspot.com


I recently returned to Devon and have established a new studio in North Tawton.
I am currently restoring a great workshop. This will allow me to develop my sculpture and other larger mixed media work. 
In the meantime I continue to paint & create embroidered textile works.






1 comment:

  1. I think you taught me art at Sir Frank Markham. You really inspired me. I now work as an art teacher and practice my own art when I can. Your work is beautiful. Suzette

    ReplyDelete