Wednesday 14 March 2018

A fresh perspective - Kevin McDonagh

Venford Falls - Kevin McDonagh

This is one of my favourite locations to photograph on Dartmoor - not only because it is such a beautiful and tranquil spot, but also because it is difficult to get a moment when the light is "right" for all elements in the scene.  Sunlight brings the foliage out but bleaches the water.  Cloud gives better results for the water but tones down the greenery.  So I try to visit this spot often to see if I can improve the image on each occasion. I don't believe this will be the last of my visits to Venford Falls!

In the coming months I am off on a Wildlife photography holiday in the Cairngorms and hope, with the help of the wildlife photographer, to improve this aspect of my photography.  We'll see!  Later in the year I will do some touring in Germany - details as yet unplanned, but it will no doubt involve some more landscape work.

Kevin 

No comments:

Post a Comment